3 rounds of 10 of:
- jumping jacks
- push ups
- med ball twists (10 lbs)
- 10m walking lunges
Today’s CrossFit HQ WoD:
Row 500 meters
Body weight Bench press, 30 reps
Row 1000 meters
Body weight Bench press, 20 reps
Row 2000 meters
Body weight Bench press, 10 reps
A couple of things about this WoD:
- Had to scale this WoD back on the bench press because: I don’t have a spotter, and 245 lbs is more than I could do for that many reps, and I don’t have a bench, so I used our ostrich-covered leather bench from our living room with a towel thrown over it. It’s a little too short, but worked in a pinch. Oh, and it’s been at least a year since I last bench pressed.
- Before today, I had never rowed more than 1000m before (in one stretch), so the 2000m row would be setting a new bench mark for me.
Scaled the bench press to 155 lbs, which turned out to be just right. Did not scale or sub on the rower, as I have my own sweet Concept 2 (Model D) in my garage gym.
My time was 27:35, and I was seriously smoked — especially my lower back from the rowing.
Here’s how the WoD broke down:
- Row 500m — split was 2:11, which is 4 seconds faster than my previous best 500m (at least on my home rower)
- Bench 155# x 30 reps — sets of 12, 8, 5, 5
- Row 1000m — split was 4:44
- Bench 155# x 20 reps — 8, 6, 3, 3
- Row 2000m — 9:45 split. My lower back was smoked with about 300m to go, but I kept pushing it. Felt really good to have rowed that much today.
- Bench 155# x 10 reps — all 10 done uninterrupted